Scouting things

Welcome!

Hello!

Monday, May 5, 2014

Vroom Vroom



Hello readers,

It has been way too long since my last post.  Ack.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091107210559/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/c/cd/Obi-Wan13.jpg/300px-Obi-Wan13.jpg
He's not dead. Not yet.
 I actually kind of thought my blog would just die off, but about a year later, stuff gets stirred up again. 

The thing that got me thinking about this actually happened yesterday and I'll make a post about it later today.
 And a good amigo of mine is starting up his own blog.
I read over the posts I wrote as an SPL for some nostalgia.



Some upcoming posts:
Who's watching you? Setting a good example.
On Taekwondo and Mcdojos.
One does not simply complete an Eagle Project (3 part)
Chinese School.  The best and worst.


Meanwhile: some updates.
 "We are no longer in the 4th inning.  We are in the 9th!"

This year, instead of rechartering with my Scout Troop, I joined the venture crew (675).  It's a lot like scouts except nobody cares about character development.  And you can detonate fires.  And carry massive blades.  It's sweet.   In a venture camp out, it's totally cool to throw anything into the fire.  We aren't super active, with one meeting a month, but the charter fee was 20$. Can't beat that.

Another thing is that I've joined the SSM band. (Youth group).  Yea.  Not much to say about that at the moment. I play once every monthish.  (Keys).  What I wanted to mention.  We are officially called the Cluster of Students Irvine.  Abbreviate that into:

YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Wait for it:
CSI IRVINE.
If you don't know about CSI Miami, look it up on memebase and the internet.  I have found it in my duty to make cheap one liners every time I can think of one. 


Sir, the band leader's guitar fell of the stage, but nobody told him.  
Well I guess you could say...
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
They didn't want to break it to him.
And, lastly, I have worked up to Red Belt in TKD.  This is kind of a love-hate relationship, and I'll write/rant about it more later.  Curious? Look up what a Mcdojo is and isn't.

I've been doing a lot of parkour, especially at church in the mornings.  We meet at a high school, and I do a lot of vvork (volunteer work), and I can jam in between. :)


I haven't posted in a while and so I suppose I felt obliged to make it up with an oversized post.
I'll get back to you all later.
 :)

--JRO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUP