Scouting things

Welcome!

Hello!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scoutmaster's minute: The village

The Village

     At my scout troop, our scoutmaster tells us some advice at the end of each meeting.  A few weeks ago, he told us a story.  


     There once was a man with two sons.  Soon the time came for them to leave home and make their way in the world.  The oldest son was a whiner.  The food was bad, or the people were mean, or the weather was cold.  So after he left, he came apon a village.  There was a old man standing by the gates of the village.  The man asked him, "Hello there,  what brings you to my home town?"  
 The son replied "I'm looking for a place to make my new home."  
"How was your old home?" asked the man.
" Oh, it sucked. The people were rude the food was rotten the lake was too deep-"
"Well, I hate to tell you that you'll find the same in my village.  Farewell!"

     Two years later, the other son left home and came by the village.  The old man was repairing the village gate when the son walked up.  Hello there,  what brings you to my home town?"  
 The son replied "I'm looking for a place to make my new home."  
"How was your old home?" asked the man.
"It was great! The area had fun and had kind people.  The lake had many diving and swimming spots." 
"Well then walk no farther." smiled the man.  
"My village is similar to it.  

     The story simply states that
You will get out what you put in.  If you have a happy and positive attitude, then no matter what happens, you'll have fun.  If you have a negative attitude,  a trip to legoland could be miserable. 

-- Jro


1 comment:

  1. That was really good!! :) The power of positive thinking. My mom is constantly nagging me to have a better additude towards math. :P Good Post Jro! ;)

    ReplyDelete

SUP